Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Worst Blogger Award

If there were an award for the "Worst Blogger," I'm pretty sure I would be nominated. Not only do I forget about blogging, but when it comes down to the act of "blogging" I tend to just write about the fact that I don't do a very good job blogging. The last time I thought about updating my blog, I blinked and two months went by. I blinked again, and well...you get the idea. 

Well, here goes an actual blog entry. 

A lot has happened since I last thought about updating the blog. 
I spent the summer working up in British Columbia, Canada. Having spent many a childhood summers up there, I decided why not one last hurrah! So I packed up my bags quickly after returning home from Graduation and drove up to Canada. After missing a summer two years ago, the first time in like 12 or so years, I wanted to spend one more amongst the trees, trails and people that I loved so much as a kid growing up. I had a dual role, camp counselor/videographer extraordinaire (alright, that last part was me). I spent the summer helping kids tie their shoes, and labeling tapes (twenty hours of tapes, I might add). I filmed, produced, and edited their promotional video, which I am very pleased to say, was very well received. 
You can watch the video at the camp's website www.bowisle.ca

After a couple of months in Canada, the opportunity presented itself for me to take a trip to Maui. Yes, I jumped at the thought, scratch that, I leapt. My parents and I spent about a week there. 
It was hard adjusting to the warm clear water and the sandy beaches, but somehow, someway, I did manage, and came home with some pretty entertaining sunburn/tan lines. *The photo to the right is in front of a huge HUGE banyan tree in Lahaina. It was sprouting trunks all around the square and linking it self back up...amazing!* 



I bought a car. Awesome. Nissan Versa. 


I was very fortunate to have such a wonderfully heartfelt thanksgiving loaded with family and friends. My Aunt and Uncle came up from California, which was awesome, bringing not only their lovely selves, but their two Boston Terriers. I dubbed the weekend the "3BT Bonanza" Our Boston Terrier, Skipper, was the third one making the house bursting to the edges with dog! *Check out my Aunt's Blog "plowing the mind" for some awesome photos)

And right now I am blogging. Woooo. Look at me go. 
Hopefully I will find other things to update with, but this was my inaugural "welcome back to blog life" entry. 
Peace out cub scout! 



1 comment:

emily said...

LOVE the Bow-Isle video! :)

..and that Banyan tree in Lahaina is pretty insane.

Sad I couldn't join you for Thanksgiving, but it looks like you had a blast with the remainder of the fam... :)

love ya Em